Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Starvin Marvin

One of those mornings when I wake up at 2 a.m. Happens quite often actually, so that for me, breakfast time is just a little after midnight. Lovely =P

Lo and behold my disappointment when, while in the process of making my "breakfast bread pudding," I discovered that I had allowed my sprouted wheat cinnamon-raisin bagels to go for too long...I threw out all of them except the very last, which didn't look as if the gross stuff had gotten to it yet. When I go stale, I really go stale, don't I?

Anyway, here's the recipe for my "ghetto-fab" bread pudding, cooked in the microwave: I break apart the bagel into pieces, then pour over it a whole shitload of orange-flower honey (that's all I have, I don't even have sugar at home!). In a separate bowl, I mix an egg and light vanilla soy milk (eyeballed, a la Rachael Ray), add a pinch of salt, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. I pour the "custard" over the bread, press down, and let sit for about 5 minutes. The whole thing is microwaved for about 6 minutes. How more ghetto can you get?? The first time I made this concoction was yesterday, after craving bread pudding, and it wasn't too bad. But now I have no more bagels =(

Even after this indulgence, I was still feeling empty, so I made myself an omelet with the three remaining eggs, eaten with a squirt of spicy red pepper sauce on the side. I'm hoping this HUMONGOUS breakfast will hold me over all day, as I plan to spend it at school studying for the evil exams coming up...stress makes me forever hungry! I'm afraid of letting go just a little bit though, because I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from falling back into the habit of overdoing. I'm going to let myself get a grande skinny cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks today, and I'm hoping to get home too late for dinner (I'm sorry, this is horrible, I know). The truth of the matter is, I'm still working on my disordered eating. It has failed to leave me alone completely, and it's still a struggle I have to face. Bear with me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment