Monday, January 26, 2009

She's A Tragedy...

Oh insomnia...this is getting pretty ridiculous. I slept so well this weekend, maybe I used up all my sleep? I don't think that's possible, but here I am yet again: 4 a.m. and I haven't slept a wink. I lay in the dark for about 2 hours before giving up, turning the lamp on, and flicking on the Disney Channel, my erstwhile companion. Yay for The Proud Family and Brandy & Mr. Whiskers!

I ate breakfast at 2:30...my stomach was making noises and was feeling extremely uncomfortable, the warning signs. There's something so soothing about my new ritual of making oatmeal. Oatmeal is my elixir, my comfort. All thanks to the blog universe! Today's mix (and the mix for the rest of the week, no doubt):

5-grain oats (on sale at Whole Foods! I'm so excited about the variety of oatmeals there are...I want to try them all! Buckwheat, amaranth (I love that word), 10-grain, millet...bring it on!)

Lots of cinnamon! Then I pour in some Almond Sunset dessert tea that's been steeping for about a minute. At this point, I stick the bowl in the microwave for a minute (my stove doesn't work!). I love the chewiness of the 5-grain oats.

But no, it doesn't stop there! I've finished my pumpkin and fig spread that was last week's featured special, so this week is 1 spoonful of chocolate chips, and 1/2 a spoonful of Peanut Butter & Co's Dark Chocolate Dreams. A little overdoing it on the chocolate, I admit. But the oats get creamy, and I'm full forever. I take my warm bowl and browse the Internet. Happiness. I have to admit...I love this time of the day. Early morning. I'm in on my own little world, and I get to just sit and eat a comforting bowl of oats while being utterly, deliciously lazy. (Tip: I eat with my left hand so that the oatmeal lasts longer, and I can also use my touchpad on my laptop!)

I also just had two cups of tea using the same teabag I used for the oats. I put 1/2 a packet of Equal in each cup. Before I head to class in a few hours, I may have a snack of frozen blackberries and a dried persimmon. I'm not going to take a bar for lunch today because I had three - count 'em - THREE - bars Sunday (2 zbars and a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Lunabar). It was my weekend indulgence.

For dinner, I plan to have this: 1 potato bread bun, 2 spoonfuls of guacamole, sprouts, 6 slices of pepperoni, a slice of Emmentaler cheese, S&P. So excited =)

Oh, and sidenote: I've reinvigorated my love for peanut butter! I used to be so scared of this miracle food because it triggered bingeing (ugh), but I've learned to control myself, and I know now that a little goes a long way. Plus, those PB&Co. jars are freaking expensive! My first venture down this product line was Dark Chocolate Dreams. I was surprised by how it wasn't as sweet as I'd expected, like Nutella. It's positively indulgent! I bought White Chocolate Wonderful today at the grocery store (it was on sale!) and I can't wait to try it with my new package of dates.

This is going to be a better year in terms of eating. I know it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment